A small space may be limited in size, but it doesn’t have to be restricted in creativity. Using real floor plans from soon-to-be-completed BTOs, we show you how to rework your 2-room BTO layout based on your lifestyle and personality.
For the Fashionista
1. Who says you can’t have a walk-in wardrobe when you have a 2-room flat? Replace your original living room with your closet. For added functionality, do up a rotatable mirrored/TV wall divider between your sleeping zone and the wardrobe.
Floor plan used: Bidadari Alkaff Courtview (2-Room Flexi Type 1)Hacking works: Yes. Remove part of the original kitchen walls and the sliding door that came with the flat.
Design: Lemonfridge Studio
2. Alternatively, if you like more privacy while parading clothes, locate your walk-in wardrobe in the original bedroom in your 2-room BTO and have your bedroom sit where the living room was. Get a dedicated vanity table while you are at it.
Floor plan used: Bidadari Alkaff Courtview (2-Room Flexi Type 2)Hacking works: None
Design: Summerhaus D’Zign
For the Good Host
3. Treat your guests to a dinner with a view by turning your living room’s bay window area into an eating space. A custom dining bench by the window accommodates plenty of extra company.
Floor plan used: Northshore Residence 1 (2-room Flexible Type 1)Hacking works: None
Design: Rockin Spaces
4. A pull-out dining table in your 2-room BTO gives you plenty of flexibility when hosting guest. Set it up when it’s time for hors d’oeuvres. Put it away when you want everyone to sit out on the couch for a movie night.
Floor plan used: Northshore Residence 1 (2-room Flexible Type 2)Hacking works: Yes. Replace original wall separating living room and bedroom with a rotating TV wall.
For the Suite Life
5. Want to feel like you’re living in a 5* hotel suite? Get rid of the walls and embrace an open concept. Have your TV wall as your headboard on the other side to save space. Go with an open-plan bathroom by replacing concrete walls with glass for that extra luxe feel.
Floor plan used: [email protected] II (2-room Flexible Type 1)Hacking works: Yes. The original sliding doors separating the living room and the bedroom as well as part of the bathroom walls.
Design: Story of Us
Design: D’ Initial Concept
6. Reorganise your bathroom into a spa sanctuary by creating separate wet and dry zones. Have the vanity and sink area outside, while keeping the shower and toilet enclosed for privacy.
Floor plan used: [email protected] II (2-room Flexible Type 2)Hacking works: Yes, in the bathroom. Shifting of sink and shower areas.
Design: The Concept
For the Workaholic
7. If you work from home, consider changing up your living room in your 2-room BTO into a dedicated home office. This gives you much needed space to focus on your work.
Floor plan used: West Plains @ Bukit Batok (2-Room Flexi Type 2)Hacking works: Yes. Remove original sliding doors.
Design: The Scientist
8. Don’t want to sacrifice your living room in your 2-room BTO? Build a storage unit and conceal a workstation in it. Pull out a chair when you need to work, then stow it away when you are done to keep your small space clutter free.
Floor plan used: West Plains @ Bukit Batok (2-Room Flexi Type 2)Hacking works: None
Design: Vitas Design
Design: Third Avenue Studio
Complete this form and we will recommend you a list of reputable interior design firms that fit your renovation requirements. It’s free!How many interior designers do you wish to get in touch with?*My PropertyMy Property Type is*The room type is*Property Status*Key Collection Time*Property Address*Upload your Floor PlanWe recommend to attach your floor plan for a better estimate. File must less than 2MB.Project InfoArea(s) you need to renovate*Preferred design style*My project priority is*My renovation budget is*Do you require renovation loan?*Other information?My Contact DetailsMy name is*My Email is*You can call me at*How Did You Get To Know Us?* Agreement*Agreement*PhoneThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.